How To Make Cherry Almond Bar
It is relatively easy to make cherry almond bar. Make some and enjoy with your family.
Preparation time: less than one hour
Ready in: one day
Servings: 5 persons
Total of cherry almond bar made: 20 pieces
- 250g plain flour, sifted (alternatively, you can use 125g of wholemeal flour and the rest white)
- 80g icing sugar, sifted
- 250g butter, melted
- 18cmx 28cm shallow baking tin
- Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius to ensure even baking.
- Put flour and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the butter and rub until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Press evenly into prepared baking tin.
- Bake at 200 degree Celsius for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Spread prepared topping evenly over the base.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until almonds are golden.
- Cool in the tin before cutting them or else the bars would crumble.
- Cut into squares or rectangles and serve.
- Keep in an airtight container to retain its freshness.
- 40g butter, melted (margarine is discourage)
- 50g castor sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon condensed milk
- 60g green glace cherries, chopped
- 60g blanched almond halves
Melt butter. Stir in sugar, vanilla essence and milk. Allow to cool. Mix in cherries and almonds.
© 2015, wikybrew.com. All rights reserved. All original content on this website is created by its respective writers and is thus considered to be the intellectual property of Wikybrew.com. Reproduction and re-publication of the content is strictly prohibited.