How To Know If Your Child Is Infected With STH? What Should You Do?
Worm infections or Soil Transmitted helminthes (STH) have affected a large part of the world’s population! Don’t let the parasites harm your children! By just employing a simple action of de-worming, you can actually curb your child from being infected with many potential harmful diseases. So, let’s start protecting your family members and your love ones today!
Hookworm infection of STH
Commonly known as worm infections, Soil Transmitted helminthes (STH) affect a large part of the world population particularly those who are staying in areas with warm and humid climate.
(Note: “helminth” means parasitic worm)
Basically, seven common types of parasites are found in human’s intestine. They are pinworm, roundworm, tapeworm, whipworm, threadworm, Trichinella and hookworm. Some of them are water borne while the others are soil borne parasites.
threadworms in human rectum
Here’s a look at roundworms inside the human body
How to know if your child is infected with STH?
There are some common symptoms that young parents should look out at their kids.
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Complain of itchy bottom which may cause redness and inflamed from scratching
- Always complain of gastro-intestinal discomfort (abdominal pain, diarrhea etc)
- General malaise and weakness
If your kids have more than three of the symptoms stated herein, do not panic! You should first try to de-worm your kids and all your family members including yourself to avoid future cross infection among family members.
What should you do?
- Wash your hands frequently. If clean water is not available at times, use hand sanitizer and or disinfectants containing silver (argentums).
- Use disinfectants to wash your kid’s toys.
- Wash bedding regularly.
- Change underwear regularly.
- Open blinds or curtains in bedroom during the day as pinworm eggs are sensitive to light and hence having a hard time surviving in a brighter place.
- Avoid drinking unboiled water.
- Perform de-worm with mebendazole or albendazole at least twice a year for every members of your family. Well, as an adult you won’t suffer much from the symptoms of parasites infection, but the parasites may cause serious problems to your young children.
By just simply attaching to a simple action of de-worming, you can actually prevent your child from being infected with many potential harmful diseases. So, let’s start protecting your family members and your love ones today!
© 2016, wikybrew.com. All rights reserved. All original content on this website is created by its respective writers and is thus considered to be the intellectual property of Wikybrew.com. Reproduction and re-publication of the content is strictly prohibited.