Things That Are Toxic To Our Pets
A number of products that we eat or drink are toxic to our pet. Many of us who keeps pets do not aware of this fact. We simply give away eatable products to our pets and finally they end up with sickness.
Do you know that a cup of coffee or tea is one of the dangerous items for pets? As these drinks contain caffeine, a stimulant that is not good for human health and pets as well. You will be surprising to discover that this caffeine-rich drink can cause increased heart rate in pets, and thus leading them to seizure.
Pet owners should learn to recognize types of foodstuff that are hazardous to their beloved pets. They should realize that food including chocolate, onions, macadamia nuts, alcoholic beverages and bread dough can be fatal if accidentally eaten by a dog or cat. Among them, cocoa powder and cooking chocolate are identified as the most toxic forms, so pet’s owner should be aware not to give this food to their pets.
A 10-kilogram dog can be seriously affected if it eats a quarter of a 250 g packet of cocoa powder or half of a 250g block of cooking chocolate. As for a small dog, a chocolate mud cake could be a real health risk. Even licking portion parts of icing chocolate cake can make your dog feel sick, uncomfortable and unwell.
Your pet will get sick easily if it gets into the garbage bin and eats leftover of forbidden food in the garbage; it always ends up with their stomach upset. Another area of danger for cats is houseplants. When cats nibble on the leaves or plants like lily, daffodil or any of a number of other common plants, they can get sick easily. Hence, plants should be kept away from pets which are curious or like to chew or bite.
© 2016, wikybrew.com. All rights reserved. All original content on this website is created by its respective writers and is thus considered to be the intellectual property of Wikybrew.com. Reproduction and re-publication of the content is strictly prohibited.